Joan Solotar on Bloomberg’s Masters in Business
Bloomberg published an episode of their Masters in Business podcast with Barry Ritholtz featuring Joan Solotar, Blackstone’s Global Head of Private Wealth Solutions. Joan discusses the growth of the Blackstone’s private wealth business, navigating the pandemic, her career, and more.
Some key takeaways from the conversation include:
- Not being afraid to go all in in the places where you have most conviction
- The importance of controlling the entrance, and exit, of an investment
- Why private investing can empower investors to meet their goals
- How critical it is to prioritize staying connected with your team as much you stay connected with clients
- How women starting out in their careers can make their voices heard
Joan Solotar is the Global Head of Private Wealth Solutions. She serves on the firm’s Management Committee. Blackstone’s Private Wealth Solutions’ mission is to bring institutional quality products across a broad spectrum of alternative asset classes to high net worth clients and their advisors.